Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Aww food...

Now that we have been here for a few months we have had a chance to go out to some different restaurants. Fast food and sit down, and I have been pleasantly surprised. 

Daniel and I were becoming disenchanted with quite a few restaurants in the states that we frequented often. Sometimes it was good sometimes not so good. So in coming up here we weren't sure what to expect. Going out to eat is more expensive and the portion sizes are smaller(smaller as in they are a good size portion for one person, not a meal for two). So going out is more of a luxury, we each have to get a meal and Judah can usually eat what we eat but sometimes we get him something too. Daniel and I used to just split meals in the states. So the meals are more in general and with us each having to order our own that jumps the price up by a bit.
But on the other hand, the food has been amazing! I have not been to one place and been disappointed. I'm not sure what they do here. But the food is so good. Even the fast food is different for some things. I remember ordering a McChicken up here for the first time. And being really surprised when I found out it was 4.50 instead of close to a dollar (like I'm used to paying). I went off to Daniel about how I was never going to order one again up here(there I go being extreme..). But then I got the chicken burger and it was the best McChicken I have ever had. lol So I still get them sometimes...
Daniel took me to this place called Cora's recently, they serve breakfast and lunch. I had this amazing crepe with strawberries and custard. I think it was more of a french style. I hadn't seen them served like that before. And we also love A&W, I love when we get their coupons in the mail!! Anyway their is much more. But it would be quite boring to hear about every restaurant and what I like to get there.

I am missing cutters coffee though. Starbucks is just not the same... Thank you ladies for bringing me more sweets to flavor my coffee, its getting me through!

So when you all come to visit you can look forward to having some good food when we go out. And hopefully when we stay in as well. :)

1 comment: