Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Going Green

I realized something yesterday, as I was bagging my grocery's in reusable bags. I realized that I am slowly going green. I never thought that I would actually start doing this, or that I was actually starting to go green. But it got me thinking though, I'm taking reusable bags to the store as I mentioned above, I'm using cloth diapers and chemical free detergent, trying to stay more with green products for cleaning, I started making all my own bread, I'm trying to buy less prepackaged foods and using fruit and veggies more for snacks, and I'm contemplating making my own granola.
Now I must say I didn't start doing any of this with the planet in mind. I started this things for more selfish reasons. 
My reasons being, 
I like to shop at the Superstore because the grocery's are much cheaper there. They charge 5 cents a plastic bag, so I thought why not take reusable bags. 5 cents is going to add up after a while.
I started using cloth diapers because, I was going to be spending a fortune in diapers with 2 babies in diapers, and they both have sensitive skin so the cloth helps that as well especially here in dry Calgary. 
I started using chemical free detergent because I am using cloth diapers, and the boys have sensitive skin.
I started wanting to use more green products so I don't have to be as careful when I'm cleaning around the babies
I started making my own bread, 1. to save money and 2. we like the way it tastes. :)
Buying more fresh fruits and veggies in attempt to make my family healthier.... so far me and Judah are enjoying it.
Making my own granola, well I haven't been able to find our favorite kind in Canada so I thought why not try making it. Mind you I have not made any yet, I'm just contemplating it. There are only so many hours in  day.
I'm not by any means totally green or crunchy as some people call it. But I'm just slowly making changes and enjoying it so far. 
Although Daniel is not to sure that he likes what Canada is doing to me... :)

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh...I have a great homemade granola recipe, by the way. Let me know if you want it.

    ReplyDelete