Monday, March 21, 2011

Convention

So this past weekend our family got to go to the CLB(Canadian Lutheran Brethren) Convention in Edmonton. All in all it was a great weekend! But it has taken me all day to recuperate.

It was a really great time getting to see the leaders in the CLB. I have met quite a few from the US side of things. But this time I got to see who we will be working with in the future now that we are in Canada. And since Daniel spent most of his growing up years in Canada, I got to meet a lot of people that he grew up with. It was really great being able to put some faces to the names. And apparently the Stenbergs made quite an impression up here. A good one of course. :) 

The hardest part of the weekend which was also quite a large part of the weekend, was that there was really nothing for the little ones to do during the sessions. I think we are trying to pave the way, for it to be easier to for families with younger children to go to these things in the future. The kids really did very great, with having to sit through all the sessions. But I was a bit stressed with trying to keep Judah from screaming when he couldn't get what he wanted. Which happens too often. lol I wasn't sure how we were going to make it through the banquet dinner when we sat down with all the glass dishes and immediately Judah pulled on the table cloth. But he was stopped before the dishes went tumbling off. And right after dinner we had our speaker in the same room. During that time Judah decided that he really did want the rest of his dinner that he had pitched on the floor and started eating that up in front of everyone. I just had to laugh at that point. 

One neat thing we did on Saturday morning, Kim, the pastors wife from Birch Hills, Mandy and I went to a coffee shop that has a play area in the middle for the kids. I've never been to a place like that before. So we got to do some visiting and the kids had fun playing. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my time hanging out with the women and getting a feel for the CLB. (And getting out of the house). I'm so thankful we all got to go up!




2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful I had the chance to meet you this weekend! And, I feel like I am still recovering from the lack of sleep! :) It feels great to be home but so glad I got to meet you and Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we got to meet you as well! Nice to talk to someone who just moved up here too. It has taken a bit to recover for us also. We all got colds after we got back!

    ReplyDelete